Tuesday 23 August 2011

turn on,tune in,drop in -with a b/s 360 mute air( steamboat tribute)

i would like to write this morning about the happiest time in my life,id been on vacation to colorado one time ,went to steamboat for a week ,i was actually so altitude sick that i was for most of the trip out of it.Anyway , i went home to minneapolis pulled the plug on my umm buisnes,ahem and took all my money and a few ounces of stcky green and moved my ass to colorado,i had no mind of a destination i knew only one person in denver who i was going to stay with for a week in denver,turned out he was the boulder and austin rapist and i swear on my life,one of those nights he stepped over my sleeping carcass ,woke me...looked at me and said he was just going upstairs to see a girl he knew,i was back to sleep in seconds.It was only yrs later when i read the police reports i put the time line together and he most def was out raping some innocent woman that night,it makes me sick.but this is supposed to be a story of joy,so onward ill go.after a week of barhopping and meetingsexy females as my friend the reper was a slick man who looked like brad pitt and me,well im not shy so we had fun,during the day id drive his motorcycle around denver and fell in love with that city were the sun shines so much and i later set up a loveshack with my girl ,that wasnt so great eitherBUT......
My rapist chum(and i swear hes almost out of this story) drove me to steamboat as he agreed it was a totally rad town and a perfect place for me to spend my time,we arrivedand went to a bar,i started talking to these guys and as id figured soon as id broke out my chronic,well they had invited me to come live with them for a while till i got hooked up.i accepted tossed them a bag of buds and life started in sept of that year,i secured a job with the mountainand so ,all in all things were going well.well i started my first year with the shittiest snowboard,the illest clothe i was a complete midwest boy,but my nsteamboat friends alot of them,well one of them a trust fund kid hooked me up with alot of things but a new snowsk8 and kooler duds etc.i worked up in the resteraunt up on the mountain and it was just a complete slack job,i was in back so i had my tunes and an exhaust fan so i was set and all the girls who knew id give em hits as they brought their trays back.it was cool and then during the day id ride,everyt day snowboarding,only if it had snowed which it always di ,or it was sunny,which if it wasnt snowing ,it was warm and sunny,i remember days in colorado in jan. were id ride all day in a long sleeve tshirt.i met people from around the world,i met alot of cute girls,although it seems all we guys ever did was bitch about the local girls and steambutt,ha.but thats bullshit their was some beautiful girls up in them mountains and some of them ill never forget.i ended up moving into the emloyee housing block were their were one or two or four partys every single night,id have friends from minneapolis find me ,cause they heard my voice from the parking lot,right rydeen,my nukka?heavenly days sinful nights.i fell in love for the first timein steamboat,well the first time it had worked both ways,we moved in together and how wonderful it was to have sex before bed and have     sex in the morning to,although man,did we have some fights,shit.
but back to the riding my one winter ended up being four or five seasons,id return to minnesota most summers for exposure to kool bands insteads of hippi colorado bullshit but by oct .id be back at rabbit ears pass dropping into steamboat springs ele.6998?...a guess but fuck then the wait for the flakes to fall all the new faces,all the beers ,all the bong hits...man by the end i was such a decent snowboarder that the mn. kids when i went back home lind up to watch me jib off fences spin 360,s off to them big airs,but i was at best an average skater i just like to fuck around,jump over ropes were it felt like you were hung out in the air for minutes,and land in a soft 20 foot layer of colorados finest champagne powder...hey anyone thinking of dropping out of life,if you love the freedom of the mountains,if you got the guts,youll have the time of your life and meet people youll be tight with for life .this is for jasa jawn ,jamie,natty,heidie,rich,salzaar,its for everyone at xanadu andeverone at the wayhi house,its for the broken hearts and the widest smiles,its for the healthy glows and the wasted years.i tell you i would never change a thing,Steambroke you did me real well


mark halliwell 2011

2 comments:

  1. Awesome trip down memory lane Mark! I am certain Jasa Jawn, Natty Jo, and the crew will be as touched as I am reading this!!! - B

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks beth youre a big part of them times to,i remember you in heavenly days ....5dollars all the pish you can drink,yumyum.....but you told me i had beautiful eyes.such a kind thing to say .be well babe,you are beautiful to... x

    ReplyDelete